I based this recipe off of littlespicejar.com
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Yield 3-4 servings
Here’s What You Need:
- Sesame Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 whole cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped (or spring mix)
- 1 (15 oz can) mandarin oranges, drained
- ½ cup wonton strips
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 12 ounces cooked grilled chicken, sliced or diced
- Place the rice vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat and allow it to just come to a gentle boil, add the sugar and garlic cloves and let the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Remove the rice vinegar mixture from the stove and discard the garlic cloves.
- Place the rice vinegar mixture in a mason jar and add the sesame oil, canola oil, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds. Allow the dressing to come to room temperature, about 10-15 minutes. Screw on the lid and give it a good shake until the dressing mixes together. Please note, homemade salad dressing will separate as it sits, just give it a good couple shakes before pouring on salad.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad and top with the sesame vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
I love salad. This was one of my favorite salads. The vinaigrette was a little difficult to make for a beginner like me, but it came out wonderful and was perfect for the salad.