I based this recipe off of diethood.com
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4-cup grated swiss or motzerella cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat broiler. If oven comes with an option for High or Low, set it on High, but watch the chicken very closely; it might need a little less time to cook.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, onions, garlic, oregano, Italian seasoning and fresh parsley in a mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- Pour tomato mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Place chicken on top of tomatoes; make sure that the chicken is nestled down in the tomatoes so it simmers in the sauce while it cooks.
- Broil for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned; turn chicken and broil for 10 more minutes, or until sauce bubbles and chicken is done cooking. Chicken is cooked when internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
- Sprinkle with cheese; broil for a minute longer, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
First time I’ve ever used a broiler. Really enjoyed this meal. I think that I would have enjoyed it more with some pasta thrown in, but it was still really good.