I based this recipe off of dizzybusyandhungry.com
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
Here’s What You Need:
- 4 medium potatoes (russet, white, and red are all good choices, no need to peel), cut into approximately ¾ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 and ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 and ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F/220 degrees C.
- Place the potato cubes in a large bowl, add the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spray a large (9×13) baking dish with non stick spray. Spread potato mixture in dish and bake about 15 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and place the chicken pieces in the dish, nestling them down into the potato mixture a bit. If desired, brush the top of each chicken piece with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked and potatoes are browned.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top, return to the oven and bake for a few more minutes to melt the cheese.
super simple. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had marinaded the chicken in some italian dressing or something, but still very good.