I based this recipe off of target.com
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound Sutton & Dodge Choice Angus Beef Flank, Skirt or Sirloin Steak
- 1 (9-ounce) bag ready to eat spinach leaves
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup Market Pantry Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- Lime or southwestern vinaigrette or dressing
- Combine marinade ingredients in large plastic food storage bag. Add steak; seal bag. Massage bag to coat steak. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill. Grill steak, about 6 minutes per side for medium, until desired doneness, turning halfway through. Let rest then thinly slice.
- To assemble salad, toss spinach, carrot and cheese in large bowl. Top with slices of grilled steak. Drizzle dressing over salad. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and squeeze of fresh lime, if desired.
Super good. I used some thin flank steak and the carne asada was wonderful. Felt it could have used more, maybe some avacado and cilantro which I didn’t have at the time.