I based this recipe off of yellowblissroad.com
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1-4 oz can diced mild green chiles
- 1-10 oz can green chile verde enchilada sauce
- ½ cup Pace Picante sauce
- 2½ cups small, uncooked pasta
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- In a 12″ pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and stir until soft – about 3 minutes.
- Season chicken with a little salt and pepper and add to the pan and brown, then add garlic and stir.
- Add green chiles, chile verde sauce, picante sauce, uncooked pasta and water. Stir then bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese until completely melted and incorporated, then sprinkle with jack cheese.
- Cover for at least five minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Garnish with green onions or olives if desired.
This had such a good flavor to it. It was a little weird, having enchilada pasta, but it was yummy. I served it with a side of warm tortillas just because that’s what I had available at the time.