I based this recipe off of number-2-pencil.com
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Here’s What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of Italian Sausage, Italian Turkey Sausage or Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 a medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes, crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 9 oz packages of Buitoni four cheese ravioli, from the refrigerated section
- 8 oz of fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Add olive oil to large skillet.
- Saute onions and garlic, over medium heat, until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add sausage and cook, breaking up with wooden spoon while it browns.
- Once sausage is cooked through, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and ravioli.
- If using whole peeled tomatoes, use kitchen shears to chop them up while still in the can before adding to skillet.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer until ravioli are tender and sauce has reduced and thickened, 15-20 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in mozzarella and Parmesan.
So Cheesy! I loved this meal. I served it with a salad and french bread. It was perfect. I’m sure you could use 1 cup shredded mozzarella as well if you’d like. I think it would make it easier.