I based this recipe off of damndelicious.net
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas for burritos
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans, heated
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Drain excess fat and stir in taco seasoning and green chiles; set aside.
- Top tortilla with refried beans, ground beef mixture, avocado and mozzarella, and then top with another tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas to make 4 quesadillas.
- Place quesadillas onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.
These were absolutely amazing. 10/10 would make again. I was worried about using mozzarella for a mexican dish, but it was fantastic.