I based this recipe off of dishingwithleslie.blogspot.com
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
Here’s What You Need:
- freshly chopped cilantro, about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- the juice of 4 limes
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs kosher salt
- 1 Tbs freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Lbs flank steak
Plenty of freshly chopped cilantro
1 white onion, finely chopped
several limes, cut into wedges
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cilantro, red wine vinegar, lime juice, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stirring well; set aside.
- Place flank steak in a large baking dish, (9X13 works for me). Pour cilantro mixture on top of steak and turn to coat. Top with sliced onions. Cover dish with foil and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade; discarding marinade. (It’s okay if some cilantro and onions remain on the steak.) Place steak directly on the rack of your gas or charcoal grill over medium/high heat. Close lid and let cook 15-20 minutes for medium, turning only once halfway during cooking time.
- When steak is done, set it on cutting board and cover with foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Cut the steak against the grain into thin strips. Then chop into smaller pieces.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas. Garnish with fresh cilantro, diced white onion, and a squeeze of lime and maybe some Guacamole.
I freaking love tacos and had so much fun making my own. They werent quite street tacos from mexico but they were pretty good.