I based this recipe off of Tasteofhome.com
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Here’s What You Need:
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- Marinade Chicken in 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings for 1-4 hours in refrigerator.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
If I remember right, I did enjoy these fajitas. They were not too oily for me which is usually the problem I have when making fajitas.